Matrimonial Property Valuation

If your relationship comes to an end and you share your home with a long-term partner, you may be placed in the situation where one party wishes to buy out the other or, alternatively, the property needs to be sold and the proceeds split. In both situations, we recommend an independent, professional valuation by a qualified Chartered Surveyor.

We can be instructed to act for one party or, if more appropriate, be appointed as a single joint expert to provide a report on which both parties can rely. In the case of a divorce where both sides have instructed legal representation, we can also take instructions from your appointed solicitors.

Our matrimonial valuations not only comply with the rules and guidance of the RICS Red Book, if required they can also be undertaken in accordance with comply with part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) 1998.

We understand that separation proceedings can be stressful and full of conflict; the valuation of your property should not contribute to this. If we can be of any assistance then please get in touch and we will be happy to have an initial discussion.